Christmas time can be overwhelming and sometimes with the hurry of the season, the gifts, the family reunion, all the planning and preparation we can end the day exhausted. I have been there. Christmas is something, and sometimes peace is not exactly what some people live during the holidays. We must remember the reason for the season and rest in the promises of God also during Christmas.
The bible, the book that contains the Word of God, the alive and effective Word for all of us, gives us 5 bible verses that will help us rest, receive new strengths and continue the journey. HERE there are 5 bible verses that you and I must remember this Christmas.
1. I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose–I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.]
PHILIPPIANS 4:13 AMP
2. He gives strength to the weary, And to him who has no might He increases power.
ISAIAH 40:29 AMP
3. ‘Do not fear [anything], for I am with you; Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, be assured I will help you; I will certainly take hold of you with My righteous right hand [a hand of justice, of power, of victory, of salvation].’
ISAIAH 41:10 AMP
4. Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face continually [longing to be in His presence].
1 CHRONICLES 16:11 AMP
5. The Lord is my strength and my [impenetrable] shield; My heart trusts [with unwavering confidence] in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I shall thank Him and praise Him.
PSALM 28:7 AMP
There is no better place we can be this holiday season than in the presence of God. Seeking his strength, his guidance, resting in Him and praising his name. Christmas time is an amazing time, but the time with God is vital to really enjoy the season.
Look for his face, seek him always, praise him every moment!
“Scripture quotations taken from the Amplified® Bible (AMP),
Copyright © 2015 by The Lockman Foundation
Used by permission. http://www.Lockman.org”